Do you have a special occasian or need a gift for someone in few days? Well this shawl is just for you! Beginner friendly, this elegant shawl will bring a coastal vibe to any occasion.
- Date Night
- and so much more!
The compliments will be endless with this dreamy shawl! Please visit my ETSY shop to purchase and an easy printable version of this pattern including a stitch diagram. Your purchase helps support my dream of crafting for a living.
To complete this easy project you will need an understanding of basic crochet stitches and the following supplies.
- Red Heart Hygge or Caron Latte Cakes (approx. 13.5 oz)
- 8mm crochet hook
- darning needle
Finished Size: 25” x 30”
Abbreviations and Stitches used:
- Chain (ch)
- Single Crochet (sc)
- Slip Stitch (sl st)
- Slip Stitch Back Loop Only (sl st BLO)
- Skip Stitch (sk)
- Stitch (st)
- Single Crochet 2 Stitches Together (sc2tog)
- This shawl is worked from the top down, decreasing in size.
- At the end of each row you will turn.
- Each row ends with a slip stitch, you will skip it at the start of the next row.
- This shawl also turns out great with Caron Latte Cakes or any size 5 Bulky yarn.
- You may increase or decrease the size by adding/subtracting stitches in multiples of 6.
Please feel free to sell your finished project but do not alter, sell or claim this pattern as your own. Please reference this pattern when selling your finished product.
Row 1: sl st blo starting in 2nd ch from hook.(139)
Row 2: ch-7 (counts as sc and ch-6), sk 5 st then sc, *ch-6, sk 5 ch, sc* repeat. (23 loops)
Row 3: ch 1, sc in first sc, *7 sc in ch-6 loop, sc in next sc* end with sl st in next st.
Row 4: sl st in first 6 sc, ch-6, sk 5 st, *sc, sc, sc, ch-6, sk 5 st* repeat until end row with sc then sl st in the center of the last loop of the previous row. (22 loops)
Row 5: sl st in first sc, 7 sc in ch-6 loop, *sc2tog and sc in-between each loop, 7 sc in ch-6 loop*, end with sl st at the end of last loop.
Row 6: sl st in first five sc, *ch-6, sk 6 st, sc, sc, sc* end with 2 sc in the center of the last loop.
Row 7: repeat row 5.
Rows 8 – 47: Repeat rows 6 & 7 until one loop left in the center.
Slip Stitch then add tie-off yarn and weave in the ends.
Optional: Add tassels
I’d love to see your finished project so be sure to tag me @kelseyjanedesigns over on Instagram! Also, I love to do Instagram giveaways so be sure to follow me!